The National Executive Committee (NEC) of CAPEA, Inc. comprises members elected at the National Annual General Meeting held between September and November (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer).
The CAPEA National Committee (NC) includes elected members of the NEC plus elected and appointed members: elected State Representatives, appointed Membership Officer, Website and Social Media Administrator/s, Chairpersons of the Further Education Committee (FEC) and Biennial Conference Committee, and the Public Officer
They meet together at least 4 times a year, usually via zoom meeting.
Each State and Territory may have a Branch of CAPEA, Inc., with an Executive Committee comprised of elected President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and State Representative. The State Representative (who could also be the State President or other state office bearer) liaises and reports between State and the NEC.
National Executive Committee (NEC) 2018-9
National Vice President: Position Vacant
National Secretary: Karen Logan (NSW) Secretary Report Feb2019
National Treasurer: Kaye Dyson (Vic)
- NSW & ACT: Karen Gage
- Qld & NT: Jacqui Morrison
- SA: Delice Sauerwald
- Victoria: Erika Munton
National CAPEA will support potential members from NT,WA,TAS or overseas via regular monthly email newsletters and provide information regarding upcoming webinars,seminars and workshops.
National Membership Officer
International Journal of Birth & Parenting Education
- Editorial Board Representative: Jane Svensson (NSW)
Further Education Committee (FEC)
The Further Education Committee (FEC) is a designated subcommittee of the Childbirth And Parenting Educators Australia (CAPEA Inc.). The FEC provides a leadership role in practice-based learning and professional development including, but not limited to:
- development and ongoing review of the Competency Standards for Childbirth and Early Parenting Educators, and development of Scope of Practice
- development of processes for CAPEA endorsement of educational programs for Childbirth and Parenting Educators, certification of childbirth and parenting educators, and endorsement of products, services and/or activities relevant to birth and parenting educators
- awarding of certification and endorsement as identified in point 2.
Website & Social Media Administrator/s
- Alison Summerville (NSW), Jane Shields (NSW)
State Executive Committees