CAPEA members come from a diverse range of backgrounds across Australia, including but not limited to: midwives, child and family health nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, independent educators, doulas, social workers, psychologists, yoga, calmbirth® and hypnobirth practitioners and general practitioners.
Membership of CAPEA provides opportunities for networking and exchanging ideas and experiences between colleagues. CAPEA offers information and resources to support the beginner as well as experienced educators, including access to workshops, seminars and conferences.
Benefits of membership of CAPEA:
- Professional networking and support
- Access to CAPEA website membership resources and interactive forums
- Printed copy of Interaction, the national CAPEA journal which keeps members up to date with current childbirth and parenting articles, teaching ideas and relevant topical issues
- Access to professional development workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Greatly reduced registration fees for CAPEA local, state and national workshops, seminars and conferences
- Invitation to contribute articles, teaching ideas and current issues to the CAPEA website and Interaction
- Invitation to apply for recognition as a CAPEA Certified Childbirth and Parenting Educator
- Invitation to be actively involved in the CAPEA organisational management and its future directions, as well as professional development events.