The National Executive Committee (NEC) of CAPEA, Inc. comprises members elected at the National Annual General Meeting held between September and November (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer).
The CAPEA National Committee (NC) includes elected members of the NEC plus elected and appointed members: elected State Representatives, appointed Membership Officer, Journal Editor, Website and Social Media Administrator/s, Chairpersons of the Further Education Committee (FEC) and Biennial Conference Committee, and the Public Officer
They meet together at least 4 times a year, usually via teleconference, communicating otherwise by email and phone.
Each State and Territory may have a Branch of CAPEA, Inc., with an Executive Committee comprised of elected President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and State Representative. The State Representative (who could also be the State President or other state office bearer) liaises and reports between State and the NEC.
National Executive Committee (NEC) 2017-8
National Vice President: Sue Spencer (NSW)
National Secretary: Karen Logan (NSW)
National Treasurer: Kaye Dyson (Vic)
- NSW & ACT: Meredith Haultain
- Qld & NT: Jacqui Morrison
- SA & WA: Mary-ann Baker
- Tasmania: Sally Gregor
- Victoria: Zoe Akiko
National Membership Officer
Editor of Interaction
Further Education Committee (FEC)
The Further Education Committee (FEC) is a designated subcommittee of the Childbirth And Parenting Educators Australia (CAPEA Inc.). The FEC provides a leadership role in practice-based learning and professional development including, but not limited to:
- development and ongoing review of the Competency Standards for Childbirth and Early Parenting Educators, and development of Scope of Practice
- development of processes for CAPEA endorsement of educational programs for Childbirth and Parenting Educators, certification of childbirth and parenting educators, and endorsement of products, services and/or activities relevant to birth and parenting educators
- awarding of certification and endorsement as identified in point 2.
- Chairperson: Jane Svensson (NSW)
Jan Dilworth (NSW), Donna Griffis (NSW), Dianne Haworth (Tas), Paula Dillon (QLD), Kaye Dyson (Vic)
Website & Social Media Administrator/s
- Alison Summerville (NSW), Lisa Robertson (NSW) and Tanya Strusberg (Vic)
State Executive Committees